Wendy's $1 Small Frosty Until September 15

Alpha8472

Wendy's $1 Small Frosty Until September 15

Post by Alpha8472 »

Perhaps the triple berry frosty was not selling? I also got an email saying the triple berry frosty is going away soon.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/fo ... 700492007/
storewanderer

Re: Wendy's $1 Small Frosty Until September 15

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: August 10th, 2024, 2:09 pm Perhaps the triple berry frosty was not selling? I also got an email saying the triple berry frosty is going away soon.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/fo ... 700492007/
I guess the kid's cough syrup purple frosty didn't work out.

To run a $1 frosty promotion in the dead of summer is pretty funny.

Sales must be terrible.

I was going to Wendys 3+ times a week when they had the Orange Frosty. I was trying to like the purple frosty but it just didn't work. I haven't been there in over a month. I'm not crazy about the food there but the jr. burger is okay... if a good frosty comes with it. This purple frosty doesn't do it. The Strawberry one last summer did it. The Orange one also did it. I can take or leave the Vanilla Frosty and I have to be in the "mood" for the original Frosty (and usually am not).
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I went very often just for the orange Frosty. Hopefully, they will bring it back.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: August 10th, 2024, 4:33 pm I went very often just for the orange Frosty. Hopefully, they will bring it back.
The syrup comes from a high quality syrup provider. This purple frosty was a huge disappointment. I had very high hopes.

I don't know why they went with purple. Maybe because it is an election year. Strawberry is no good since it is red. Can't do a blue raspberry since it is blue. Okay let's just do a purple one. May as well have just kept the vanilla.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

Another one to note is that Sonic currently has small shakes (including Master Shake flavors) for $1.99, which might be another factor contributing to this. I haven't been to a Wendy's in months since we've had bad experiences with multiple locations in the area. These days we mostly just go to Cook Out instead.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

storewanderer wrote: August 11th, 2024, 1:04 am
Alpha8472 wrote: August 10th, 2024, 4:33 pm I went very often just for the orange Frosty. Hopefully, they will bring it back.
The syrup comes from a high quality syrup provider. This purple frosty was a huge disappointment. I had very high hopes.

I don't know why they went with purple. Maybe because it is an election year. Strawberry is no good since it is red. Can't do a blue raspberry since it is blue. Okay let's just do a purple one. May as well have just kept the vanilla.
They could do black raspberry as that can be somewhat on the purple side (vs. red raspberry or the blue version), but still one flavor (vs. the triple blend they did).

Though I'm not sure the color of an ice cream item really means much for an election, but then again...
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

The vanilla Frosty has replaced the triple berry frosty. The chocolate is $1 for a small, but vanilla is full price.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: September 3rd, 2024, 3:47 pm The vanilla Frosty has replaced the triple berry frosty. The chocolate is $1 for a small, but vanilla is full price.
The app has the Vanilla programmed in at $1 nationwide.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

They must have fixed it. I am glad it is only a $1 now.

I purchased a Boo Book with coupons for 5 free Frosties. I think it is a bargain for only $1.